Richmond Noticeboard knows that you take your privacy seriously. We are committed to giving you transparency of our privacy practices and control over your data in connection with Richmond Noticeboard’s Service (as defined in Richmond Noticeboard’s Terms of Service).
The Service is not available to individuals who are younger than 13 years old.
Please follow the links below for further information.
- What personal information we collect.
- How the information is shared.
- Some of the features of Richmond Noticeboard.
- Information shared with business partners.
- Cookies and other identifiers.
- How to delete an account.
- About us.
What Personal Information Does Richmond Noticeboard Collect?
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Service or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected may include your name, email address, Twitter and/or Facebook usernames, use information regarding your use of our Service, and browser information. We automatically receive your location when you use the Service. The Personal Information you provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile that can be used to interact with other users through the Service, improving the content of the Service, customizing the advertising and content you see, sharing the Service through social media platforms, and communicating with you about specials and new features. We may also draw upon this Personal Information in order to adapt the Services of our community to your needs, to research the effectiveness of our network and Services, and to develop new tools for the community.
- Information Collected Automatically: When you use the Service, Richmond Noticeboard automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser or mobile platform, including your location, IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested. Richmond Noticeboard only uses this data in aggregate form. We may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our site, so that our partners may also understand how often people use their services and our Service.
How is My Information Shared?
Personal Information about our users is an integral part of our business. Richmond Noticeboard may share your Personal Information only as described below. The default user settings for all data about you that is visible to others is editable on your User Profile Page.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Our agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us, and they provide a comparable level of protection for your Personal Information.
- Information Shared with Everyone: One of the primary reasons people use Richmond Noticeboard is to share content with others. Information such as your name and photo, a list of people and topics you follow, activities you contribute and the posts you submit is shared by default with the Richmond Noticeboard community. Information on how to change these default settings, if applicable, is available on the FAQs.
Richmond Noticeboard Features
The Richmond Noticeboard service also has the following features that may allow you to share your information with others. For each of these features, the information available to friends and others, our default user settings, and how to alter the default settings, is available on the Privacy FAQ. Please remember that if you choose to provide personal information using certain features of the Service, that information may be available to the wider Richmond Noticeboard community, which includes n0tice, Richmond Noticeboard’s provider for the Richmond Noticeboard service. It may be published on the n0tice.com website, which is subject to indexing by third party search engines.
- Inviting others to join Richmond Noticeboard
- Writing reports
- Posting Photos and Videos
- Posting Comments and Updates
- Posting Events
- Following Users and Noticeboards
- Sharing through Social Media
- Searching for locations
Using Third Party Apps
Sharing with Partners, in connection with business transfers, and for the protection of Richmond Noticeboard and others:
Our Partners: In addition to the data sharing described above, we enter into relationships with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses sell items or provide promotions to you through n0tice’s Service. In other situations, Richmond Noticeboard provides services, or sells products jointly with these businesses. You can easily recognize when one of these businesses is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that business, unless you have elected not to be solicited by marketing partners during the registration process or through the account settings page.
Protection of Richmond Noticeboard and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law, including laws outside your country of residence; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Richmond Noticeboard, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations (including outside of your country of residence) for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Posting from your home: You should be aware that if you or your friends post the location of your home in the Service database and that information is published on the Service (for example, via a user posting a news event from that home venue), that information may be available to others and may be published by third parties without our control. To request removal of a venue from the Richmond Noticeboard database (including your home address) please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What About Cookies and Similar Technologies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our site are visited and by how many people. Richmond Noticeboard and n0tice cookies do not collect Personal Information, and we do not combine the general information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to tell us who you are or what your email address is.
Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allowing you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. For more information about cookies and how to refuse them, click here..
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
Your Richmond Noticeboard account: Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately, and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
Richmond Noticeboard endeavors to safeguard user information to ensure that user account information is kept private. However, Richmond Noticeboard cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
Can 3rd Parties Access My Data?
We may in some cases use third parties to assist us in operating the site and to conduct some processing of your information on our behalf but this is always subject to strict contractual control. These third parties may be located outside the EEA.
How Do I Delete My Account?
Should you ever decide to delete your Richmond Noticeboard account, you may do so by sending an email to email@example.com. If you terminate your account, your profile, including your submitted posts, and any promotional offers you received, will be removed from the site and deleted from n0tice’s servers. Because of the way we maintain Richmond Noticeboard, such deletion may not be immediate, and residual copies of your profile information or posts may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days.
How Is Information Removed From My Account?
Even after you request to delete your account and that request is actioned, copies of that information may remain viewable elsewhere, to the extent it has been shared with others, it was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or it was copied or stored by other users. Removed and deleted information may remain on backup media for up to ninety (90) days prior to being deleted from our servers.
Who are we?About Richmond Noticeboard
The Richmond Noticeboard is an open public space to share news, events and views about the lovely market town of Richmond in North Yorkshire. You’ll find us at www.richmondnoticeboard.me, on Twitter @RichmondNYorks and on Facebook.About n0tice
n0tice is a project by Guardian Media Group (“GMG”) whose registered office is at Kings Place, York Way, London, N1 9GU. GMG has notified the Information Commissioner’s Office of the ways in which we process personal data. This notification can be viewed on the ICO’s Data Protection Public Register under registration number Z5969905.
If you think we have not have resolved a complaint to your satisfaction, you may forward your complaint to the Information Commissioner for investigation. For more information on the Information Commissioner, and how to make a complaint, please visit their website at http://ico.org.uk
Changes to this policy